Saturday, April 11, 2009

Emotions

Emotions can sometimes be a crazy thing; sometimes good and sometimes not so good. I love reading other peoples blogs and have actually become quite addicted to it, gives me something to do in my free time or when I'm procrastinating at work (WHOOPS). Sometimes it seems there is so much sadness to be discovered and stumbled upon and sometimes I find the cutest happiest blogs and am thrilled to read good news...

I was SO touched by little Maddie's story and felt deeply saddened by her passing, I was having a really hard time imagining what her parents are going through. I spent a few days after that honestly just crying and being ridiculously emotional and at the same time being thankful for my healthy kids. Wednesday night I picked up both the girls from daycare and just held them while the tears flowed, I just wanted to squeeze and hold them FOREVER in that very moment. Something about children dying just really opens your eyes when you have children of your own because you can't help but think "That could of easily been my child" or you wonder "Why God? Why that precious little boy/girl?". Sweet little Maddie and my Addaline were only ONE month apart, that really frightened me and made me grieve SO much for her family; my heart just broke into a million pieces thinking of the things that Maddie's parents are going through right now. Sometimes I can't help but feel overwhelmed with guilt when I think about how lucky I am to have 2 healthy, lively, vibrant children and wonder why some people suffer so much heart break with trying to get pregnant to even losing children?!

I am so thankful and so blessed with the life I have and I'm starting to become more and more aware of it day by day that life isn't guaranteed and sometimes you need to take a moment and just slow down and appreciate the small things. Appreciate that you have food on the table even if it's not much; appreciate the fact that you have a roof over your head even if it isn't the home you've always dreamed of (in my case it actually is-another reason I'm thankful); appreciate the job you have even if it isn't your dream job because that is what makes the food you eat and the place you live possible. I know this sounds cheesy and cliche but take the time to tell the people you care about most that you love them and are truly grateful for them because you never know when that will be your last moment with them!

WOW how depressing, can you tell my mind is heavy and my emotions are all over the place?! It's a strange feeling to grieve for people you've never met... it's crazy how you can just feel yourself in that exact situation at that exact moment and feel empathize with what they are going through.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter and I'll be taking tons of pictures and probably blog about it so stay tuned... On a happier note, here's a few pictures of the girls hunting eggs today...





Molly

No comments: