Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Randoms

I haven't blogged in almost a week and can't hardly believe it, I was asked today if I was sick since I haven't blogged?! Our lives have been pretty hectic this past week so I'll try to give a quick update to let you all know yes indeed we're still alive =)

Last week one of the most inspirational bloggers I've come across approached her due date with her sweet baby girl still in utero which is truly a miracle that only God should be credited for. Her daughter April Rose was diagnosed with a few birth defects and was told their only chance of meeting her was to induce immediately and hope that she survived the birthing process. Here they are MANY weeks later and she is still alive in utero and has a strong heartbeat which was once not looking too well either. Last week was 'Hoping in Pink' day in honor of 'B' (April's mom) making it to her due date, anyone who reads her blog took pictures of themselves wearing pink so here is my picture. God bless this precious baby girl and her mother and father. To read April Rose's journey please click here.

This past weekend was Memorial Day weekend and we definitely enjoyed the extra day off. Our neighborhood garage sale was this weekend which we participated in and did wonderful for only having it open one day. I got rid of lots of junk that was laying around, quite a few clothes of mine, a few of Gerrad's and Macie's summer clothes from last year that no longer fit her since she hit a HUGE growth spurt this winter. She grew a little over 2 inches in a matter of month, grew 2 1/2 shoe sizes in the same time as well, and about 4 lbs. She will be taller than me in NO time. We are only about 5 shoe sizes away from each other, I can get on her flip flops and my heels only hang off a LITTLE bit, SHEESH! The rest of our weekend was spent working on our privacy fence that blew over on the North side of our yard a few months ago. We are almost finished and I can honestly say that I have put just as much sweat equity into it as my husband which makes me pretty proud of myself! We had a BBQ at my in laws house which was a good time spent with family and GREAT food as always. My camera has been acting up so that is why I have a shortage of pictures lately.

Gerrad and I are officially on the home stretch of getting ready for our Jamaican vacation that is quickly approaching (4 days but whose counting?). I have done so much laundry that I'm questioning myself of why I always do this and wait until the last minute to do all the laundry in the house. Not only do we have to pack everything we need, we have to make sure the house is all ready for the grandparents to come and stay with the girls there. Washing sheets, towels, grocery shopping, it never ends! I'm going to NEED this vacation by the time it arrives. Please pray for our safe travels and for our girls to adjust for the week while we're away. I'm sure they'll have a blast partying it up with their grandparents but this momma will be a blubbering mess and missing them like C.R.A.Z.Y!!

So that's the latest in the Hall household. What have you been up to lately? Do you have any exciting vacation plans for the summer?

Blog Signature

No comments: