Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Amazing Pork Chop Recipe

I always have a really hard time finding quick and easy meals for our family, and lets face it people, I'm NO Betty Crocker! I did not learn all the wonderful tips from my mom to make the most yummy homemade dinners you've ever tasted. Darnit mom why didn't you tell me the importance of cooking earlier in life? HA HA! With that being said, yesterday I was scouring the inter webs for different recipes that we've never tried before and stumbled across this website. The recipe sounded easy enough, I wasn't 100% sold on the Dr Pepper thing, but I thought, what the heck, lets try it!

I made these pork chops for dinner tonight and let me just say... OH MY WORD! SO GOOD! I served it with red beans and rice, not over the rice as suggested in the recipe. The gravy you make out of the marinade, YUMMY!

Without further adieu:

Dr. Pepper Pork Chops (Crock Pot)

4-6 pork chops

1 can Dr. Pepper

12 oz ketchup or chili sauce

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (I had to use steak sauce because by some random chance we were out of worcestershire sauce)

Salt and pepper to taste

Place all ingredients in the crock pot, and cook on low for 6 hours or until the pork chops are cooked through. Remove the chops and whisk in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (or flour) to thicken the sauce into a gravy. Serve over rice.

(This is not my picture, its from the recipe website. I couldn't take credit :))

Please come back and let me know if you try it out and what you think!

You'll thank me later :)

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

This is TOTALLY something I could make! I'm gonna try it :) Thanks Moll!