Thursday, January 13, 2011

Books

Lately I've decided that I would like to get into reading a bit more. I've always enjoyed it, but never had time, or made time for it. I would always read when I got into bed at night, and lets face it, after chasing kiddos around all day, shuttling kids from place to place at night, keep up with the house, hubbs, etc... I am way to BEAT at night to even bother. I'd read for 15 minutes and be down for the count. Then the next night, wash, rinse and repeat, plus have to go back and re-read pages from the night before that I was way too groggy to pay attention to. Back to my point, my friend Ashley had been talking about this book that she had been reading and couldn't seem to put down, it sounded interesting enough to me. After talking about it one night, Melisa mentioned that she had the book, so I decided to borrow it, and haven't been able to put it down since. I'm about a third of the way through it which is a small miracle for me for only having the book a few days!

I decided to also try out the Kindle app on my phone. I purchased a book on there but haven't started it yet since I started reading 'Nineteen Minutes' by Jodi Picoult. The book I purchased on Kindle is 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg Larsson. Have any of you read that? What do you think of it? I've heard quite a few amazing reviews on it, so I am excited to finish my current book so I can read it. Have any of you read many of the Jodi Picoult books? I think I want to read more from her as well. What are some of your current reads, or old favorites?


13 comments:

Courtney said...

instead of rewriting the whole list, I'll just shoot you to the guest blog I wrote for Neely a while back :) Yay for reading! :)

http://www.chroniclesofneely.com/2010/12/guest-blog-courtney-chaos-theory.html

The Undomestic Mom said...

I really need to start reading again! I have heard so many good things about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo!

Caroline said...

I need to read more. Fred read the whole "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series and loved it. He loves things like that. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

J and A said...

I LOVE all Jodu Picoult. Read them all and they are all great. :)

Emily said...

I havne't read either of these, but I've heard great things about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! Let us know and I might read it too!

Mrs. Bill said...

I absolutely LOVE Jodi Picoult. She is my favorite authoer by far. I also really like books by Elin Hilderbrand.

Amber said...

I've heard only amazing things about The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. I've got to start those. I asked for the Kindle or Nook for Xmas and didn't get either. Guess I'll have to spoil myself come income tax time. ;)

Found you thru Taylor @ Undomestic Momma. I'm your newest follower, and I can't wait to meet you at Dallas Blogger Meetup! :)

Leslie said...

Jodi Picoult is my favorite!!! If you like the one you're reading right now you should read Plain Truth. It was my favorite Jodi Picoult book.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I LOVED 19 minutes!!!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

I loved Nineteen Minutes! Such a good book. Have you read anything by Emily Giffin...her books are fun easy reads!

Unknown said...

Jodi Picoult is a very great writer. I've read every one of her books except 2 (and I have those, they're just waiting in line), and they're ALL good. I think the best are Nineteen Minutes, Picture Perfect, Harvesting the Heart, The Pact and Plain Truth!

Casey said...

Jodi Picoult is a good story teller...the books are easy and fun reads, but it's not a "great literary work" if that makes sense! But I enjoyed reading hers on vacation, etc.! I'm currently in the middle of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I am HOOKED! Fabulous story...sucks you right in...but his writing style is SUPERB...sheer genius and beautiful flow. I was an English major if you can't tell :) I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series!

Kelly said...

I think I tweeted that 19 Minutes is one of my FAVE books. Wasn't it fantastic? I loved Dragon Tattoo as well, but to be honest it was a tricky read for me. The author writes different (yet still wonderfully entertaining) and it is hard to keep the cast of characters straight. I say GO FOR IT though because it's a wonderful story. Can't wait to start the 2nd installment SOOOON! :-D