Friday, February 11, 2011

A Mash Up

Yes I believe I just used a term from my newest favorite show (as if I needed another show to watch) GLEE!! I've been HOOKED on that show since I started watching it. I'm not going to tell you how pathetic I am and how I watched the entire first season in a matter of days to catch up on the second season when the marathon was on Oxygen last weekend. And again, here I am on a total random topic...

So I decided to follow in Molly's footsteps and create a cleaning schedule. Sometimes I feel like I get so far behind on cleaning/laundry. I'm really hoping this helps, especially with the laundry situation. I put off doing laundry like the plague, this is no joke. I wait until it piles up so bad that we're all out of clean undies and socks, which takes a good month or so for that to happen, which equals hell for me when its time to tackle the laundry. Its a vicious cycle that I'm determined to change. For the most part I kept the same tasks that she has on hers, only I added the girls. I believe its important to help them learn early, and establish these routines. I know Addaline is a bit young, that's why I only put that she needs to keep her room clean, which she is totally capable of doing. We've tried a 'chore chart' with Macie, and it failed miserably. I'm hoping this is different. 

Monday
Laundry
Sweep Kitchen

Tuesday
Bathrooms

Wednesday
Laundry
Dust

Thursday
Mop Kitchen
Vacuum

Friday
Laundry

The girls chores include the following: Macie: Take laundry downstairs Mon/Fri, Clean room daily, make bed daily, take out trash on Friday. Addaline: Clean room daily, help me bring her laundry down Mon/Fri. They both have to make sure toys/belongings are picked up daily. I'm going to print this off and hang it up where we can ALL see it (somewhere in the kitchen). I will remind the girls daily of their duties, and I hope to have all my duties completed by lunch, here goes nothin' I guess ;) 

I got Gerrad's valentines day gift completed this morning. Since we said that the keurig was a gift to each other for vday, I wasn't planning to do anything else for him, but I found a wonderful idea online. I cannot wait to share it with you all after I give it to him. I might give it to him tonight since we'll be alone for dinner, and we won't be on actual valentines day. I'll make sure to post some pics of it, don't worry! 

This weekend is a busy weekend at our house, and it includes a lot of parent night out time, I cannot tell you how excited I am about this. I've mentioned before that I think its important to have adult time alone, and we definitely value it. Tonight Gerrad and I are going to the improv comedy show I've mentioned before with some of our good friends. Tomorrow night we're going to Kansas City to celebrate two of my best friends birthdays- Happy Birthday Melisa and Carrie, love you both! Saturday during the day, and Sunday we have no plans so I'm sure I'll spend that time catching up on laundry so I'm all ready to turn over that new leaf bright and early Monday morning! 

Hope all of you have a fabulous weekend! If you get the chance, start brain storming some of your favorite 'pay it forward' stories/ideas. I've got something exciting coming next week!!

3 comments:

audra kate said...

I LOVE Glee! It's the only show I MUST watch each week!! *Hulu has the shows up the next day if you miss any!* ;)

Rebekah said...

I'm so glad you're hooked! I got the first season for Christmas and I watched them in just a few days. :) I love your cleaning schedule. I hate laundry, but I make myself do a load or two of laundry every day.

Anonymous said...

Laundry tip...do 2 loads a day and you will stay on top of it!

You must have cleaner kiddo's and husband then me! Bathrooms and sweeping of the kitchen, and vacuuming happen daily..if not 2 or 3 or 4..god to love to vacuum!

Good luck!