Monday, March 28, 2011

Miscellany Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1} There are certain things I should be allowed to craft, and there are definitely certain things I should NOT be allowed to put my hands on. Saturday night Ashley and I decided it would be such a fun idea to make all the girls 'Pimp Cups' like the ones pictured below, only ours didn't turn out near as cute as these. Well, they were cute until the beads starting coming off, and paint started chipping off. UGH! Maybe we'll scrape all the paint and jewels off and try again? MAYBE! Also, our team ended up losing, so we wondered if we jinxed them with our cups?! HA! 

 {source} Our inspiration, their's were MUCH cuter, and prob held up better.
Ours, they were cute, just didn't hold up like we had hoped :( 

2} How come Saturday's seem to last forever (which I love), but Sunday's seem to FLY by? I can't stand that, the last day of the weekend, that should be for rest and relaxation, always seems to be a blur. I need a pause button! 
3} The kids are back to school this week after having Spring Break last week, I LOVE my children more than life itself, but momma is excited school is back in session ;)

4} Have any of y'all heard of Manna Worldwide? We have a couple coming to speak at our church in a few weeks and I could not be more excited to hear what they have to say. I have been wanting to sponsor a child for a while, and also go on a missions trip. They are coming to talk to us about BOTH of those things. I watch the videos on their website and it just breaks my heart. I WANT to make a difference, I WANT to be able to just hug on those kids, to be changed for the better. I'm praying that it all works out and I'm able to go on a trip. I know that it will be the hardest thing emotionally that I would ever do, but I'm ready! I know that it's all up to God whether or not this all works out, so I'm putting it in His hands! 

5} I realize that I should just be thankful for any weather at all, but I am SOOO ready for Spring. We had super nice weather last week, and then last night it snowed, and we're supposed to get 5-10 inches tomorrow night/Wednesday morning. Then Friday/Saturday it's supposed to be 70 degrees, what in the WORLD?! Goodness I'm over it! 

6} I feel like my first blog swap was a HUGE success! Thanks to all who played along and did a wonderful job!

10 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

Good try on the glasses! I hope nobody choked on a bead!

Wait, what? SNOW? For real? Did Kansas not get the memo that it's SPRING now?

Casey said...

I want to go on a missions trip, too! I think it would be such a great experience to be able to help out, our church goes to Tanzania and Honduras for our trips, such a great thing to do! And I'm with ya on the weather....it's been the exact same here in good ol' Nebraska, too! Booo for teasing our toes with 70 degree weather one day then snowy cold the next!

Caroline said...

I love your Pimp Cups!!!

Veronika said...

Love your blog name! & those pimp cups came out too cute! :)

MrsV said...

Girl, those pimp cups have me rolling! I can't believe that you actually attempted something that was NOT successful! I think they're cute =) dispite the fact that they are decorated for fans of a different color, ha!

Happy Monday,

Jamie Votaw

Simplyheather said...

The pimped out cups is such a good idea! I want to try that now! Yours are cute! haha
http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

Kelsey Claire said...

Love your blog and can't wait to meet you at the Dallas blogger meet up! Love your family! Go Big 12!

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Ohhh the PIMP CUPS!!! I mean it was a great thought it theory.....I may or may not have wanted to shoot myself attaching all that bling. I think we need to try it again but maybe not be so ambitious and work on getting one right! haha It was fun doing together though, lots of good laughs! (Mr. Balloon Hands....BOOM!)

Can't wait for a possible Missions Trip btw! I want God to break my heart, and I am so ready to see what he has in store!

Love ya girl!

Elizabeth said...

I will be seeing you at the Dallas Meet Up! I am so so so excited!!