Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Baby Turns NINE!!!

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born.  She never existed before.  The woman existed, but the mother, never.  A mother is something absolutely new.  ~Rajneesh

Happy 9th Birthday Macie! 9 years ago today, you came roaring into this world, and have kept that same hunger for life, through the years. How can this be? You are growing up WAY too fast in front of my eyes. Becoming a young lady instead of a little girl, changing more and more by the day, all the while leaving behind that 'little girl' you will always be, in my eyes. I am SO proud of the young lady you are becoming. You are full of sass, which is probably why we bump heads so often, we are WAY too much alike. Which lets me know when you grow up you will be a strong, opinionated, independent woman! 

Keep reaching for your dreams, I know you will achieve them. You are such a smart girl, and want the world for everyone. You will make the best wife and mother (a LONG time from now), and friend to the luckiest guys and gals in the world. I can't wait to continue to watch you grow, and help nurture you along the way. I love you to the moon and back!!
 
Today is your day Mace, let's make the most of it!

I brought children into this dark world because it needed the light that only a child can bring.  ~Liz Armbruster

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! Happy birthday Macie! It's crazy how fast they grow up, isn't it? I just realized a couple weeks ago while on vacation with the fam that my youngest cousin is gonna start KINDERGARTEN in a few weeks. Granted, I just graduated from college and the first time I held her was when I was home during my first year of college, but still! Too fast!

Carrie said...

Can't believe she's such a young lady these days! Love this girl!
P.S. Shed a few tears for you and for the disbelief at how fast my own baby is growing :)

Amber said...

Awww so sweet! Happy birthday Macie!