Tuesday, October 25, 2011

You Asked, I Answered. Part 1

Thank you to all you ladies who asked me some fabulous questions. I finally have time to sit down and answer. Our weekend was non stop, I didn't get to sit down and relax at all until Sunday evening, phew!

Ok here are the questions, and answers...

Caroline asked: What is your favorite thing about your family?

My favorite thing about our family (just our family of 4 I'm assuming she meant) is that we're always laughing and being silly. I think laughter is good for the soul, and I definitely feel like we spend a majority of our time laughing. The girls are such a wonderful source of entertainment, and always keep us laughing (and sometimes crying).

Katie asked: What is your favorite bible verse and why? What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to social media? 

I have 2. The first one is: James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above... I love this verse in reference to the girls. 


My second favorite is: Ecc. 4:12 ... A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. I love this verse in reference to Gerrad and I, staying strong and forming a united front. 

My biggest pet peeve in social media? I don't know that I really have one? I think common courtesy applies, if someone communicates with you on facebook, twitter, blog, etc... it's polite to reply, and it's fun to build new relationships.

Meghan and Mateya asked: How did you meet your husband? What is the best thing about being a mom? What is the most challenging?

Gerrad and I met the summer after I was out of high school. A gf of mine begged and pleaded for me to go ride motorcycles with her, a guy friend of hers, and another guy (Gerrad), I agreed (this was in my more 'wild child' phase by the way, you couldn't pay me enough to get on a motorcycle now that I'm a mom). We spent the evening cruising around town until all hours of the morning, and the rest is history, 10 years ago this past summer, We have had our ups and downs, and relationships take work, but I am SO thankful he is the one for me!

The best thing about being a mom? There are SO many things, I'm not sure I can say just one. Discovering that love and heartache and laughter and tears have no limits and some days, I experience them all within a single moment. Watching them conquer something new, and seeing the pride on their faces, best reward EVER. The most challenging thing about being a mom? Sometimes not being able to heal their hurt, or fix things for them. I struggle with this the most, because I'm such a control freak, and want everything to always be copacetic. 


Aly asked: If you had to chose one store to shop at the rest of your life, where would it be? How did you decide on the girls names? Any special meanings? 


The shopping question is tough! I would probably say Target, because they pretty much have EVERYTHING. My frugal clothing voice in the back of my head says Old Navy (I'm SUCH a mom, goodness). 


The girls names? There was definitely no exact science to it. Macie's name we kind of decided on my default. Gerrad wanted to name her Maddy, and I wanted to name her Chloe, and somewhere along the way, we decided on Macie. I had remembered a Spanish teacher in high school named her daughter that, and I loved it. Now it's super popular, and everyone has the name. Hind sight is always 20-20 ;). Addaline's name I had heard in reference to some elderly woman quite a while back. I knew it was an old name, and not very popular at all. I suggested it to Gerrad, and we quickly agreed. We had a boys name picked out super fast, and we ended up deciding on Addaline's name fairly fast as well. Although Addaline's name almost changed a few weeks before her birth... Everyone kept asking if we were going to call her Addie, and Gerrad and a few others even started to refer to her as Addie. I LOST it, and decided I wanted to change her name to Campbell. I love the name Addie, don't get me wrong, but I absolutely adored the name Addaline, and did NOT want it shortened. Plus I was 9 months pregnant, and super hormonal. I'm SUCH a baby name spaz, and already have names picked out if we ever decide to take the plunge again. And no, I'm not sharing them here. If you really want to know, just ask :) 


This just turned into the longest post ever... SO I'll answer the rest of them in another post later this week. I promise if you didn't see your name, I didn't leave you out. I'll get to you :) Thanks again ladies! It's always fun to share little pieces about yourself that people may not already know. 
Photobucket

4 comments:

Mateya said...

So fun! We chose Ecc. 4:12 as one of the readings at our wedding. Such a great verse!

I cannot picture you on a motorcylce haha! So funny :) You wild child you!

Love Campbell too...so cute! Addaline is precious and I know the sweetest old lady with that name in my hometown. I love it!

Caroline said...

Love this!!! :) And you answered perfectly!

Amber said...

How fun! I've been thinking of doing a Q&A. I love how y'all met, sooo cute and fun :)

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I enjoyed hearing about the girls names ... even though, like you said, no science to them!! I love both of their names!

Target for shopping - yes please! I love their clothes! But some of them I will NOT pay what they are asking. Just not worth it!!