Thursday, August 30, 2012

Oh Heyyyyyyy!!

First I have to give a shout out to Aly for getting me back in the blogging mood. Sometimes ya just get in a funk and can't come up with worthwhile topics. Let's hope I can keep this thing up this go 'round!

So here's what we've been up to in the past 6 months- bullet style...

*We lost my father in law in March, I think everyone is still adjusting to life without his sweet smile.

*Gerrad and I celebrated surviving 7 years of marital bliss.

*We've played a lot of golf, and put the girls in lessons. Keep your fingers crossed they stick with the sport and get some scholarships when the time comes ;)

*Addaline had her first dance recital, it was the cutest thing ever, and I 'probably' cried.

*G and I went to a Royals game and actually saw them win- holla!
*We went to the pool entirely too much, and laid out like total divas.

*I celebrated a great couple getting married with some of my favorite ladies!

*I organized and ran a fireworks stand for our churches missions trip fundraiser, and barely survived it. Setting up and taking down that business when it's 110* is NO JOKE!

*We went to the pool some more.

*Oh and then we went to the lake quite a bit also. Life has been super rough for us this summer, don't ya think?!
*Yep that's me in a bikini- never thought I'd see that day again. I've been working out like a mad woman, and have dropped almost 30 lbs and G's lost 40+lbs. Look for a post all about my weight loss journey next week (for those that are interested).

*Someone got a new tat!

*I finally got my 10 year old to pose for a photo with her momma!

*My oldest 'baby' started the 5th grade, say WHA?!

*And then celebrated turning 10 at the end of that very same week school started. I think she was trying to kill her mothers tear ducts!

*Someone else had a birthday-  good 'ol 29. Look out world, I plan to fully enjoy my last year in my 20's.
*Someone got Chiefs season tickets for Fathers Day/his birthday/and every other holiday for the next year. I must say, I'm looking forward to a little tailgating action next month! 

*Gerrad has been working a crazy schedule the past 6 months, so that's why he's never pictured. Feels like he's always at work, but we're super grateful he's such a hard worker!

So there's our life in the past 6 months. I'm looking forward to catching up with you all!

Photobucket

12 comments:

Caroline said...

Welcome back, friend! :) Love the new tat. How did I miss that one?

Marie@Procrastinating in Pink said...

looks like a busy summer! amazing tattoo!! Have fun tailgating!!

tara said...

welcome back!! LOVE the tattoo!

Emily said...

So glad you are back! You are looking wonderful! You've done amazing and it looks like the summer has really agreed with you! Looking forward to many new posts.

Katie said...

Yayyyyy, so happy you are back! Missed your skinny face.

Angie said...

whooohooooo!! so glad you are back! missed you chica!

J and A said...

I missed you!!! Ok. I love your tattoo!! You have been busy and girl you look amazing!!! Can't wait to read all about this weight loss. Congrats. Your girls look so grown up!! ;)

Holly said...

You're backkkk!! Awesome recap... I totally noticed how much skinnier you are now-- and I can't wait to read how you did it next week.

And your bangs? I love 'em!

The tattoo... adorable text and font...

And the girls are precious as always!

Mateya said...

Soooo glad you're back! :)

Can't wait to hear about the weight loss post. You really do look fabulous!

Mateya said...

P.S. Your friend in the lake picture with you looks scarily identical to a girl I went to college with. I had to do a quadruple check!

Anonymous said...

Sooooooooo very glad you are back to blogging; you better keep it up Missy! And thanks Aly for pushing her to do it!

One last thing: peanut butter jelly time!!!!!

Kelly said...

What a FUN SUMMER you all had!!! First off, so sorry to hear about your father-in-law :-( I can only imagine. Thinking of you all.

Secondly, HOT MAMA alert!!

Thirdly, can I come tailgate for Cheifs games with you???! I MISS Cheifs games like crazy.

Fourthly, glad you're back in the blog world :-D