Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Orange for Stellan

So today in the "blogging" community anyone who reads MckMama's blog knew to wear orange for baby Stellan today... I own not ONE single piece of orange clothing, apparently I don't consider it one of 'my colors'. So... I sent Gerrad a text this morning that read "Um can you do me a favor and take a picture of yourself and send it to me? One of my favorite bloggers son is having heart surgery and today is wear orange day". With out ANY questions I receive a text back that is of him in his orange work sweatshirt, I simply reply "Honey your face isn't in it, and do you have any paper? Can you write 'Stellan' on a piece of paper and hold it while you're taking your picture?". He is probably rolling his eyes by now but simply did as I asked and sent me back this picture, what a sweet man I have been blessed with!!



I also submitted a picture of my beautiful 'Witches' from Halloween this year in their orange as neither of them own anything orange either, man I guess we are an "anti-orange" family, I need to get with the program!



If you have any sort of orange on today or any past pictures that you might have on your computer you could always go to 'paint shop' and say a little something about Stellan on your picture and submit it. Here is the link to the "Wear Orange for Stellan" gallery...

http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/04/orange-for-stellan.html

Molly

3 comments:

Sunnymama said...

I don't own orange either! But Stanton does, so I may have to put one of his shirts on! He looks great in orange!

Laura Fluke said...

that is awesome... go hubby!!!!

Lindsey said...

Yay for orange day! And praise God Stellan made it out of surgery! Whoo for baby Stellan!