Friday, July 17, 2009

Children's Birthday Parties

Since we've shown all the rooms in our home with Kelly's 'Show Us Where You Live Friday' now we're moving on to different categories... this week is Children's Birthday Parties. I apparently failed MISERABLY at taking pictures of the girls party set ups this past year, I was more concerned about taking pictures of them. I'll do better this year and post about it after their parties! Macie's 6th Birthday part was a swimming party with a 'flip flop' theme in black and pink.

Here is the birthday girl ready to open her presents so she can swim with her friends!

Getting ready for some cake

Her 'flip flop' cake that my friend Carrie made her

The cheesey birthday girl!!
Macie's birthday is coming up next month so I'll make sure to take lots of pictures of the set up this year and I'll post about it next month!


Addaline's 1st Birthday was a 'cupcake' theme with pink and green and was absolutely adorable. We just had a small get together at our home for close friends and family.

Here is the birthday girl all decked out in her birthday gear, ADORABLE!

Outside laughing and enjoying her party

This was her big cake in the shape of a cupcake that my friend Carrie also made

Addaline's cake, she ate pretty much THE WHOLE THING (I told you my girl can eat)

Cupcakes decorated for the kids

The table set up, nothing too fancy but I love the pink and green combo, which I'm sure you know if you checked out Addaline's nursery from a previous post.

Addaline's 2nd Birthday is in September... we're thinking of having the girls birthday parties together and having a big swimming party for all our family and friends. I need to get on the ball with planning their party. Any ideas/tips for their shared swimming party that is rapidly approaching?
Thanks for stopping by; I hope you enjoyed my girls' birthday parties =)


2 comments:

Laura Fluke said...

I was so going to post about planning Mia's b-day party today...then saw your post and thought I would wait! Great minds think a like!!! A'd cupcakes are soooo cute!!! I love the stand with all of the cakes decorated! So cute!

Heather said...

What a fun party!! I love the cakes, they are gorgeous! Both girls look so stinkin' cute! You did a great job! Love the colors!