Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Baby Showers

I don't think I've ever shared my love of all things baby on my blog just yet. I am a little partial to throwing baby showers and planning parties. I've also recently developed a love for crafting which has been taking a bunch of my time (after the girls go to bed of course) and causing my house to not be as clean as normal-WHOOPS! I digress... I'm planning 2 baby showers right now for 2 precious baby girls and can't hardly get enough of this party planning. Another one of our good friends found out she is pregnant as well so I will throwing her a shower probably early January as well. Babies are every where, baby GIRLS are every where actually!

I'm not much of a traditional party planner type and like the new and modern decor or just plain colors spiced up with cute decorations. However I like the line from Party America that is the 'Mod Mom', so adorable! Sometimes I like to have the theme of the shower be whatever the nursery theme is of the new baby, the last shower I threw was a ladybug theme and it turned out so cute! A friend and I threw it together and we mixed pink, black and red which didn't sound cute to me at first but turned out adorable as ever. Here is the 'Mod Mom' line I'm thinking of using for the shower I'm throwing next month for my friend Natasha.

I was thinking I could do this as the main plate and then use pink/brown combo for the rest.

On to the crafting part of why I love babies... I've been making quite a few of these outfits lately for friends at church/work/first birthdays/baby shower gifts, etc...

This ladybug outfit is a custom outfit for an adorable little girls 1st Birthday Party that is ladybug themed (obviously). The mom of the little girl was SO thrilled, which in turn made me thrilled that she loved it so much!


Here is an outfit that a friend ordered just for fun for a little 14 month old girl. I hope the little girl loves to dress up in this outfit!!


So what clever baby shower ideas do you have? Any you'd like to share with me for my upcoming shower throwing adventures? I know some of you are SUPER creative, let it flow please :)


2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I don't have any ideas but want you to know that my next, boy or girl, baby will have a shower thrown by you...kthanksbye!

Ashley said...

Molly! I love baby showers, and I think doing the shower in the theme colors of the room is so cute! Kinda like wedding... there are so many great ideas out there!

I love the ladybug, super cute!

Hope you are well!!!! ;)