Thursday, November 19, 2009

Fashion Funk

Lately I've been feeling like I'm in a total fashion funk. I know this isn't a life or death emergency by any means. I got some super cute boots a few months back and am sad I never get to wear them. Since staying home and starting up the daycare, you will find me wearing sweat pants and t-shirts on a daily basis. What is the point of getting dressed up for a bunch of 2 year olds to sit on the floor and play, cook meals, do art projects, etc... ? I'm not complaining about my new endeavor for one minute, I just miss being able to get ready and actually dress up whenever I felt like it. Instead of dressing down on the weekends I'm all about dressing up.

The problem with me is that I HATE to spend money on myself. I know I know, a woman who doesn't like to shop for herself, I think I've lost my mind. It seems MUCH more important that my 2 adorable daughters look their best, rather than their mother, and so the story goes. I typically shop at Old Navy, since lets face it, its a one stop shop for the whole family. I can run in, grab stuff for each of us, and get out. Most of my dresses have come from Target though, so I can't forget about them. They only way I will typically spend larger (I'm talking like $75 to $100 here people) amounts of money on myself is when my in laws and parents give me money for my birthday and Christmas. If it comes down to using my husbands money these days my own money, I'd rather go with out or buy for the girls.

Where am I going with all of this? I honestly have no idea, guess I just wanted to ramble about my fashion frustrations =) My goal this year on Black Friday is to get some cute dresses and tops for myself. Who shops for themselves on Black Friday you ask? I DO! I will be buying Christmas gifts at bargain prices no doubt, but I'll also be snagging a few deals for myself.

These are some of the things I'm going after... I'm loving the plaid dress look with my suede boots or the pair of wanna-be cowboy boots I'm trying to track down for a reasonable price, any suggestions?

I LOVE this sweater dress from Old Navy, hopefully they're half price Black Friday! Anyone have a leaked Old Navy black friday ad?

I love this dress as well, and its already on sale, SCORE!

I really like this dress as well, but I'm thinking it looks too short for this momma!

This is just a simple dress that could be cute with Uggs or the suede boots, and then with flip flops in the spring. I'm all about being able to wear the dress year round (minus the sweater dress I love)
These are the boots I already have, got them from Payless, regularly 39.99 but got them for 30% off, YAY for me! They're American Eagle brand I believe


Sorry this picture is super tiny, the website I found them apparently won't let you copy pics when they're blown up. They're from Charlotte Russe and as cute as can be, I might have to invest in some of these as well!
So can you guess what I'm asking Santa for this Christmas? Cold hard cash, ha ha! I'd gladly accept Old Navy gift cards as well, ha ha!



1 comment:

Heather said...

OOOHHH! You and I have EXACTLY the same fashion taste! I LOVE dresses and boots right now! All these dresses are SO CUTE! I love the plaid one and that last one the best...where are they from?!?! And apparently I need to check out Payless for some boots!