Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lately

What have the Hall's been up to lately? Does it seem like I've been M.I.A forever? I feel like I have, totally out of the blogging world loop for numerous reasons. The past few weeks seem like such a whirlwind I can't even believe it. Here's what we've been up to in our household in short version. I'm charging my camera as I type so I can get the 100+ pictures loaded up that I've been snapping the past few weekends as well, whew!

*I've helped throw or single handedly thrown two baby showers in 2 weekends, have I told you all how much I LOVE party planning before? I'm pretty sure I have!

*We've been Trick'or'Treating 2 or 3 times in the past 2 weekends at various locations and boy do we have a RIDICULOUS amount of candy. So much so that I'm plotting a way to throw half of it, or more away just to get it out of my sight. Most of you who know me in real life, know I'm super particular about what my kiddos eat and there is NO way in the world I will ever let them eat all this candy. Here's a picture I snapped with my cell phone so you could see just how ridiculous it is! Addaline's bag of candy is inside Macie's bag of candy for space saving purposes... seriously this candy is going to be in my life for the next 10 years, ha ha!



*I signed Macie up to play on a volleyball team and she begins practice tomorrow evening. We're super pumped to see our little star shine and can't wait until her first game, trust me I'll take TONS of pictures. She's also been super busy with the Nutcracker practices that have been occupying ALL of our weekends. Practice makes perfect right?

*I've been trying really hard to make up a small stock pile of hair bows to sell at the Open House event I blogged about previously. I've also been busy designing and receiving some SUPER cute business cards in the mail for the event, and to also pass out to people when they pick up their orders or to friends and family trying to get the word out.


*I've also been dealing with a loss... the loss of my Aunt Sandy who had been suffering with colon cancer. Her and my mom had been coming to my family's church recently and it was always so good to see her face on Sunday mornings. She was such a fiesty woman who had many passions in life and loved to joke around and laugh. Her memorial service yesterday was so emotional but at the same time such a joy to celebrate and reminisce about her life and actually laugh a little. My mom, Sandy, their other sister Pat and brother Mike lost a brother Sam to colon cancer back in 2001 as well. For me, this one hit closer to home as I am 8 years older and truly realize the loss and the complete and utter heart break it has brought to my mom's life. She and Sandy had formed an amazing bond lately and I truly think my mom is lost and really struggling inside, although she is putting up a decent front on the outside. My mom was the one who took Sandy to every single chemotherapy appointment and sat by her side the entire time, took her to most every Dr's appointment and held her hand when the news wasn't always what they wanted to hear, cried with her when hospice was called in and she was told they were going to discontinue chemo, and so many more instances. I sat there yesterday looking at my mom and her sister Pat embrace most of the service and just sob together.... it made my mind go places I didn't want it to. I started thinking how I never wanted my daughters to feel a loss like that, how I never wanted them to lose Gerrad and I, but more so each other. I can't protect from every hurt in life and its emotional to think about. All I can do is be there for my mom in the coming days, weeks, months, years; but I can't bring back the sister that she lost and that's tough.

*We've gone from one holiday to another in the same weekend. Halloween Saturday evening and then pictures with Santa Sunday after church.

So that's what we've been up to lately. Parties and laughs, Holidays, and Grief... you name it we've done it!

Gerrad and I are slowly trying to plan a small vacation somewhere in the next few months for just a few days, possibly a Wednesday or Thursday to Sunday kind of trip. We're thinking Chicago or New York but are definitely open to any suggestions you readers may have??? We want it to be a kid friendly destination so we can take the girls to do fun things each day.

When my camera is done charging and I get all the pictures of what we've been up to lately uploaded, I'll post again!



1 comment:

Lindsey said...

If you want it kid friendly, I'd say somewhere like Chicago, Branson, or St. Louis for sure!