Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Girls Day- WHOO HOO!!

As I mentioned, last week was just CRAZY! I'm so glad its over and a new week has begun! Friday night Gerrad and I had a date night, while the girls went to my dad's house. We went out to dinner, and then tried to go see the movie 'Alice in Wonderland' with no success... the movie was sold out for the 3 times that worked for us, boo :( We ended up running to Big Lots (I CANNOT stand this store, but Gerrad LOVES it), and to a local coffee shop to get coffee and chat. I think that my stressful week ended up wearing on our date, and I snapped at Gerrad for messing with his phone (facebooking) while we were at the coffee shop, and our date went downhill from there. I'm sure every married person out there can relate, sometimes little things just set you off and then you're in a funk the rest of the night. Love my sweet hubby, just stressed, I ended up going to bed at 9pm, WHOOPS! Just keeping it real here peeps!

Anyway- Saturday morning bright and early, some girlfriends and I went to eat breakfast at Panera, and then went to get pedicures afterward! It was JUST what I needed after the week I had, I laughed so much my cheeks hurt!

Here are a few of the girls... Ashley, Kela and Jenna.

Ashley, Kela, Jenna, Me and Melisa all waiting to get our pedicures.

Lindsey and Chelsey-the adorable prego momma :)

Jenna, Katie and Melisa. Katie is getting ready to get married and is saving all her pennies for the wedding (which is taking place in Jamaica), not to mention she went to nail school and can do nails and pedicures on her own for free, but I still made her hop in my chair and take a picture with the girls, ha ha!

Ashley getting her toenails painted

Me and Melisa. I didn't get the memo that it was going to be a silly picture, ha ha!

Serious pic

Jenna getting her toenails painted

Melisa's turn!

A few of us girls after we were done! Mine is the bottom, tan sandal. LOVE the color I picked, cajun shrimp, with orange flowers.

Thanks again girls (Jenna) for planning this fun girls morning, it was MUCH needed! Love you all!

This is WAY far off the topic of girls day... but how many of you have heard of 'The Great Date Experiment?' Lots of Arkansas area bloggers that I adore have blogged about doing this and it looks SO fun. I think I'm going to talk Gerrad into doing this with me. Are any of you readers doing this?? What fun date nights/traditions do you have with your spouse?

6 comments:

Summer said...

Wow girly you did have a stressful week! I think we all have snapped at the hubby's for being over stressed sometimes! That girls day out sounds fun....love the pedicures...

Have a great day
Summer :0)

Lindsey said...

I saw the Dating Experiment thing too and totally want to do that!! I think it's a fun way to spend time together being silly and not caring who sees!! Let me know if you end up trying it! :)

Had fun Saturday too girl! This needs to happen frequently!

Hattie said...

Justin is always on his phone (facebook, texting & twitter) while we're at dinner! It annoys the hell out of me!

I've been reading about the Dating Experiment and it sounds so fun. I don't know if I could talk Justin into it! Hope you have some luck w/ your hubby!

Christa said...

Don't you just love getting pedicures?! Love the name Marley too!!!

RN Mama said...

I'm so jealous of your pedicure! I haven't had one since last summer, of course my toes aren't seen much in Michigan in the winter!

I have never heard of that experiment, I'll have to check it out.

Btw, I love that your sister's name is Laney. I haven't met very many Laney's. Do your daughter's do the American Girl Doll thing? If so, then maybe you saw that this year's doll of the year is "Laney." I couldn't believe it!

Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog, yours is adorable!

Jen said...

Girls day sounds so fun! Your blog is adorable - I love it!