Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday- Baby Names



This week over at 'The Undomestic Momma' the Top 2 Tuesday topic is baby names. I've said a few times that we are done having kiddos, but you never know what the future holds for our family, so I can still dream about baby names, right?!

My girl name choice would be, well, I actually have a few girl names that I like. I love the names Campbell, Andersyn and Marley. I think I would go with Andersyn if we ever had another girl. There is just something about that name that I L.O.V.E!!!

We've had the same boy name picked out since we got pregnant with Addaline. My favorite boy name is Cannon, but I also love the name Camden (its getting too popular so I wouldn't use it).

When we were pregnant with Addaline, before we knew she was a girl, we picked out her name and the boy name, and chose their middle names also. I love being able to call the baby by name the second you find out what you're having. With Macie, we were struggling with her name, because we both wanted something different. I'm SO glad we chose Macie and not the other 2 names we had picked out, they other 2 are now some of the most popular names out there. And if you know me in real life, you know I have to be different when it comes to picking baby names!

16 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm totally with you girl, I don't want my kid to be an "Amanda" of her time!! I would hate to have to share my name with 50% of the kids out there, so I wouldn't force that on my offspring!

Lindsey said...

I love Andersyn - so original!

Lacey said...

If this would have been a girl we were going to name her Marley. I love that name. That has been my "girl" name forever. And my husband has a cousin with a son named Kanin. I had never heard of anyone naming a kid that before but I love it - so unique and fun!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Andersyn is very unique! I love it!

Also- just stopping by from The Undomestic Momma....cute blog!! :)

The Undomestic Mom said...

Love your picks! Campbell is on our girl list! We must have the same taste in names!

Sonja said...

I love the names! Especially Marley!!

and your blog is adorable. my favorite colors :)

Hattie said...

Love the name Andersyn and Campbell. We have some friends w/ a little girl named Marlie!

Great picks!

Caroline said...

Very cute names. I love your name as well.

What's New with Mrs.T said...

Love Andersyn.... and the spelling I like alot too

Keeping Up With Kaegan said...

Both of your daughters names are very cute, but I L.O.V.E Macie. Soooooo cute!

Ashley said...

Oh my! I love Andersyn! It's differnt, but still super cute :)
LOVE it!

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

This is a great topic!!! I love Marley and Camden-- they're my favorites! I know an Anderson (with an "o", not a "y"), and she was a... unique... girl, so the name has a bad association for me. But I like it in theory!

Your comment on my post today made me smile... I'm glad SOMEONE knows where I'm coming from!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Kenj said...

Your choices are simply darling.
I love Campbell, that is so unique and I just loveeee it.!

Kelsey Claire said...

I am also so upset about the name Camden! I hope it slows down in popularity by the time I have kids!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute names! I love the name Marlye. Hope you have a great week!

Sonya said...

All of the names you mentioned are great. Especially the girl names! I am on the hunt for boy names. I am due July 1st with our second, a boy and we don't have any clue what we are going to name him. So weird because I knew from the minute I got pregnant with Lauren what I wanted to name her.