Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Pioneer Woman's Drip Beef Sandwich

{Photo taken from The Pioneer Woman's Website}
So today I'm tackling a new recipe, with the help of The Pioneer Woman's amazing step by step recipes, I think I'll be ok. Wish me luck though just in case (for those of you that know me in real life, I am NO Betty Crocker)! I wanted to share the recipe with you all because it just looks SOOO delicious. I might add, that this type of sandwich is my hubby's FAVORITE, and he's been working his booty off so I wanted to spoil him a little with some home cookin', as opposed to us eating out nightly, which typically happens. I'm trying here ladies, hopefully I'm turning over a new leaf!

OK I'll be quiet and give you the recipe... be prepared for your mouth to water a little!!


Basic Drip Beef
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Hours
Difficulty: Easy
Servings: 10

Ingredients
1 whole 2.5 To 4 Pound Chuck Roast
¼ cups Butter
1 whole Large Onion, Sliced Thick
3 cloves Garlic, Peeled
½ cups Soy Sauce
1 cup Sherry (cooking Sherry Is Fine)
½ teaspoons Salt
4 cups Water
Toasted, Buttered Deli Rolls
OPTIONAL: Rosemary, Thyme, Other Spices


Preparation Instructions

Heat butter in a heavy pot over medium-high heat. Saute the onions for a couple of minutes, or until starting to get brown.
Set chuck roast on top of the onions. Add all remaining ingredients. Cover pot and simmer (very low heat) on the stove for 6 hours, or until beef is fork-tender and falling apart.

**If meat is not yet tender, return to oven for 30 minute intervals till it’s tender!**
Shred meat with two forks until all large chunks are gone. Serve immediately or continue to simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.

*Mixture can be refrigerated overnight. Remove hardened fat from top of pan before reheating.
Serve on top of toasted, buttered deli rolls. Top with cheese and place under the broiler if desired.


Let me know if you try this out, and how it turns out!

3 comments:

Summer said...

That is so funny you posted this because a French Dip Sandwich is by far my hubs fav too! Girl you are braver than me cause I am not so sure I could make it but I am gonna try, but let me know how yours goes first ha!

Oh and yeah I know this really awesome chicka who made Kelcee's bows for me! Ha Ha! Wonder who that could be? Can ya guess....Just Kidding you know it's you!! I got so many compliments on them while we were out of town....I wish I had your business cards cause I kept saying a friend of mine makes them....
Public Advertising I tell ya....

xoxo
Summer :0)

carissa said...

mmm mmm good! i haven't tried her recipes yet (gasp!) but i know she is all the rage so i must try some!

p.s. - thank you for your sweet and encouraging words on my post!

Chelsea said...

yum! this looks so good ... send some my way!