Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Day Take 3

Today is our third snow day so far this winter. They announced it last night, so it was nice not to have to worry about getting up early and getting everyone ready. Macie's school and Addaline's preschool both called it a snow day, so the girls and I were super excited last night!

This morning we slept in a little (8am is sleeping in when you have kids), then decided we'd go to the library for a little reading fun with my friend Carrie and her sweet baby girl, Adelyn. From there we decided we'd head to the mall to take the girls to play indoors a bit, and ride the train, and have some lunch at one of my favorite places, Chick'fil'A- YUM! I got a few more awesome deals at Old Navy (I clearly need to steer clear of that place while shopping), who can beat a great sale, I got another embellished tank for $2, and a light coral colored cardigan for $5 that is SUPER cute! Now we're home catching up on laundry, and I'm watching a marathon of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. I heart snow days!

 Some of the snow on our back patio. We ended up getting roughly 8+ inches. Our neighborhood streets are terrible, but the main roads in town are clear. It doesn't bother me when it snows since I have a 4wd SUV :)

Addaline riding the train at the mall. I think she's ridden this thing enough times that we probably own part of this train. They should be offering us some free rides any day now, ha! Everything to do with trains fascinates this kiddo, she is her fathers child!

So bummed my 2 favorite Thursday night shows aren't on tonight, Grey's and Private Practice, boo :( BUT it is Jersday, whoo hooo! (Jersey Shore/Thursday). Maybe hubbs and I will watch a movie on the bootleg movie website, who doesn't love a website that has movies on it that are still in the theaters?! Yes please.

This weekend we have no plans on the agenda, yay! Its my dad's birthday and Addaline has a birthday party for one of her little friends, and that's it. We're also supposed to get more snow over the weekend, so I'm looking forward to a weekend spent at home lovin' on my family.

Happy Thursday!!

4 comments:

AMY said...

Hi.....I Love your blog!
I'm a new follower.

Amy's Life @
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

J and A said...

Enjoy your snow days! :)

Kelly said...

Awesome that you guys had another SNOW day!! That is a lot of snow for Kansas :-O Little A on the train is just TOO cute! Sounds like a nice weekend you guys have coming up... Greg is FOR SURE going to be gone ice fishing with some friends for the whole weekend, so I'm super excited to be able to do what I planned to do LAST weekend ;-)

Miss Southern Vol said...

Old Navy+sales= AMAZING!!! LOVE their sales!! Happy Friday girl!