Thursday, April 7, 2011

About Me!!

Hey all! This post is a little tidbit on me for all the lovely ladies going to the Dallas Blogger Meetup. Jenn thought it would be a good idea if we all did a post with a little information about us, so we couldn't thoroughly stalk read up on all the lovely ladies that are going!

So if this is your first time visiting my blog... This is ME, my hubs Gerrad and our 2 cutie daughters Macie (oldest) and Addaline (youngest).

I'm a fairly laid back person, unless it involves making plans, or cleaning my house, then I'm completely OCD (which Gerrad LOVES about me, ha). I love to laugh, and can pretty much make myself laugh at just about anything. I'm a glass half full kind of gal, and can pretty much find a positive in any situation. 

I do daycare, and have been lucky enough to be home with Addaline (and Macie during the summer) for the past year and a half. It was definitely an adjustment for me for the first few months, but now I'm acclimated and LOVE every minute of it. My daycare kids are like my 'own' kids, and I adore them all (I watch 4 kiddos, I wanted to keep it small). 

I have the biggest sweet tooth ever. I'd pick dessert over a full meal any day of the week. 'Life is short, eat dessert first.'

I hate when people are late, it drives me crazy. 

I am on a huge coffee kick, probably because I just gave up diet dr pepper, it was like crack for me (no not for lent). Now I've switched to coffee, but it keep it to 2 cups in the morning :)

Gerrad and I have been blessed with the B.E.S.T. group of friends anyone could ever ask for. They are our church family, and we pretty much spend every waking weekend minute together. Our kids are all growing up together, and I am truly thankful for such amazing people, daily!

We also have the best family in the world, whom I'm thankful for more than I probably express! 

I love the smell of clean sheets, but hate to do laundry (makes sense huh?). 

I love reading, although it takes me forever to read a book it seems. 

My (random) dream job is to be a lactation consultant. I absolutely loved nursing Addaline (I was too young and stupid with Macie), and would love to support breastfeeding for a living. That, and to own my own children's boutique! 

I love the color pink. 

I'm obsessed with buying clothes for my girls, although I've curbed my obsession over the past year or so after many nagging convos from G. 

I want another baby someday (I think, see I can't make up my mind), if it's God's plan for our family. Although I am seriously reconsidering after my sister in law sent me a text today saying that she had a dream I was pregnant, with TWIN BOYS! Oh my WORD, no thanks!

I feel like being a part of the blog world has taught me to appreciate every day that I have with my family and friends, and not take anything for granted. There is so much hurt in the world, and I feel beyond blessed to just be happy!

I love some of the most random music ever, and it drives Gerrad crazy! When I make a cd, it could have anything from rap, country, Christian, 80's rock, you name it, it's all mixed together. 

Aly and I created a new blog that we posted yesterday, have you checked it out yet? I'm SO very excited to see the possibilities that this blog can open for everyone! Go check it out! 

These are the most random facts about it, and I probably lost you all a LONG time ago! Can't wait to read up on everyone!

17 comments:

Ashley said...

I feel you on the music....when I make a CD I have no rhyme or reason to it. Usually years later if I randomly find one I made I play it and think....What in the world was I thinking. haha Twin Boys, now that would be a little different combination. Could be fun! haha Love ya!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

OMG! All of my playlists on my iPod are so random as well. I can't just have a rap playlist ... or 80's ....

Annnnd, I never knew that you wanted to be a lactation consultant! That's really cool :) When I have babies, I am so going to consult you!!!

MrsV said...

Oh my goodness, twin boys! Scary yes, but how amazing would that be??!! Dallas is one of my fav places girl, enjoy every minute of it!!

Becca said...

Your family is so presh! Your girls look JUST like you. And your dimples - love them!

Rebekah said...

I'm so OCD when I clean. And I hate when people are late. I can never run late! I love that that's your dream job. That's awesome!

[SMASH] said...

Such a beautiful family! :) Nice getting to know you. I just linked up too!

Lacey said...

Holy Heck Molly, I was just telling someone this morning that I would love to be a lactation consultant. They are the most amazing cheerleaders. If it wasn't for them I would have quit breastfeeding Hunter at 3 weeks which means I probably would have never started with Bo! Those women are amazing.

Impulsive Addict said...

I didn't know you had a daycare!

I bet our taste in music is very similar! I just LOVE music! It makes me happy!

I'm so jealous of this meet up. Is that wrong?

Ashley E. said...

I would LOVE to be a lactation consultant too!!!!!!! I could talk breastfeeding 24/7!!! Glad I'm not alone! Haha!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

haha i was just thinking about being a lact consultant or the person that teaches those baby classes at the hospital. since i have nursed 5 babies...and lily (and prob reid) till she was 2.5 I figure i've hit every issue you can have ...and support others!

i like pink...and love the smell and feel of clean sheets...but hate laundry too....having a family of 7 doesn't help that hate! haha...i'd kill for more babies too!

basically we are instant bff's haha since we have some things in common!

Leah said...

I totally could not be a lactation consultant. I would laugh so much, but I admire you for wanting to be one ; )

I love shopping for my daughter, too! Addicted much?

Can't wait to meet you at Dallas

Amber said...

Lactation consultant, you'd be so good at it, because you're so sweet!
I'm the same with music. All my mix CDs have a total different taste on them, haha.
Love your family photo :)
Can't wait to meet you!

Mateya said...

So fun to learn more about you!

Angie said...

I loved reading all these fun facts about you! I think we are alot alike. I love all kinds of music too. I can't wait to see y'alls blog...so cool :)

Unknown said...

I am with you on the desserts! I'll eat a teeny tiny dinner to get a big honkin dessert! :)

Kendall said...

OMG! I think we might be related! HA! There were some many of your "about me's" that could be me! I'm the exact same about being OCD about cleaning & Planning and I love clean sheets, but hate to clean them!

Your girls are adorable too!!

Can't wait to meet you!

Jumping Jack said...

Can't wait to meet you at the meet-up!

Your family is just precious and I love the new blog. Such a great idea!

I HATE laundry too, but I do love clean sheets (or for me new sheets are the best)!

I think I would like another baby too, but still go back and forth, so we'll leave it up to God.