Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Confessional


Oh hey ladies, it's finally freaking already Friday? Goodness this week dragged on flew by! Whew! Any major confessions this week? You should head on over to Mamarazzi's blog and join the fun! I heart Friday's for this very link up!

I confess... that Gerrad and I have been having 'the great stroller debate' of 2011 and it's starting to work my nerves. No sunshine and roses in this confessional y'all, my hubs is about to be cut (kidding, sort of). We used to own a Chicco travel system when Addaline was born, after she outgrew the car seat, and I thought lugging a larger stroller around was over, we bought a Combi. BIGGEST.MISTAKE.EVER. That thing is the biggest piece 'o crap there ever was, and I've been using it for 2 years, and want to throw it away after every use. I've been trying my hardest to threaten convince him that we NEED a new stroller for general purposes, and our big Disney trip coming up. He keeps disagreeing, enter the 'cut' threat! He doesn't find it necessary that we need to purchase a new stroller to only use it a few times, then I bring up that I can use it IF we ever have another bambino, that's not helping my case either y'all. Any ideas? I am about to pull a 'Gerrad' and just show up with it, using the motto, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Sounds fair, right? RIGHT? I think so! 

I confess... that I keep promising the girls that I'm going to make a countdown calendar to Disney and hang it up for them to mark off, and I keep forgetting, or procrastinating... any of you creative ladies have any ideas for making one? I can sew, bow make, you name it, but 'paper goods' are NOT my forte! 

I confess... that I am counting down the days until we can sit out here all spring/summer, and enjoy cooking out with friends!


I confess... that our 8+ year old washer/dryer set is starting to shoot craps (well the washer is). Gerrad looked up the parts for the washer last night that he suspects we need, and they were ONLY a couple hundred dollars. In the world of front loading washer/dryers, ours is apparently a dinosaur. With the cost of parts, it might almost be cheaper to buy a new set, which is NOT in the slightest bit, what this momma would like to spend her dollars on currently, BOO!

I confess... I NEED to get my butt in gear on this fitness thing. I told Gerrad starting Monday I am going to the gym 3 mornings a week, so wish me luck! My goal for April/May is to shed some of this unwanted poundage, anyone want to hold me accountable? 

I confess... I cannot stop watching this video, it CRACKS me up! It reminds me of all the 'dads' in our group of friends, and my own dad and father in law! Esp the part about the mower (yeah Steve, I'm talking about YOU :)) Take 3 minutes out of your day and enjoy a laugh, and think about our household when the guy says he's got 'dozens of dollars, and he gives them all to his daughters and wife' HA! Oh AND the part that says 'me with my sweet goatee,' Gerrad much?!






P.S. I'm watching this video as I type, and cracking up! It's the simple things people, it doesn't take much to make me laugh!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

10 comments:

MrsV said...

Oh girl, the great stroller debate had me rollin! I am a hater of the "it's easier to ask for forgivness than ask permission" theory. Chris tries it often ( ask him how that's working for him ) ha! In terms of Disney I refused to lug around a stroller, Ty was 3 and preferred walking anyways. I knew we could rent one if need be. BUT, if there happens to be another Hall Bambino, trump the hubs vote and go purchase the most expensive system out there to tickle your fancy =)

Happy Friday girl!

Jamie

Lacey said...

G posted that video on FB this morning and I have probably watched it like 4 times. Love it. I then had to go back and watch the Swagger Wagon as well. Too freakin' funny.
Check Craigslist for the stroller. I'm typically not a fan of random people's stuff but we got a $150 jogger on there for $25 bucks because they said that they brake never worked on it. Chad had it fixed in 2 seconds. Bargains Bargains!

Casey said...

I found this free printable disney calendar online, maybe you could use it for your countdown!?
http://www.buzz-lightyear.com/free/disney2008calendar.pdf

I can not wait to be able to use our patio/deck soon too!! It's finally 60 degrees here today so I'm enjoying the beautiful weather! And girl, I've been on the healthy track for five days now and I've already lost 4 pounds! If you need someone to talk to about gettin in gear I'm here!! Happy Weekend!

Anonymous said...

super cute blog! i love the stroller debate!

new follower! come see my at www.hannahfancher.com

xoxoxo...
hannah @ a lovely mess :)

p.s. i'm in kansas too!

Tracy said...

Aaron and I totally had the same convo about strollers. Aaron didn't think we needed a double stroller and thinks Emma should walk EVERYWHERE...excuse me?! When did the rule come out that "now that you have a little sister, you have to walk!" NOPE...NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! We just sold our double stoller and bought and sit and stand stroller...I just paid for it with my Scentsy money :) Maybe that's what you'll need to do because you'll NEED one at Disney!!! Good luck. See you TONIGHT!! YAH!

Unknown said...

I've never owned a stroller, but I can imagine that owning a good one would be priceless!

Good luck with the gym - you can do it, girl!

Angie said...

We had to get a new washer and dryer recently. Our set was soooo old. I love our new ones!

I really need to work out more too. I usually do The Shred, but have been so lazy lately. I wonder where I can buy some motivation. haha!

Have a good weekend!!

Ashley said...

I can't wait to sit outside at your house either! Tiffany, Alyssa and I may or may not have watched Dad's Life after work, instead of actually doing work. haha It was Glorious!!! Holla!

Impulsive Addict said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Chicco travel system. It's amazeballs!

How cute is your little back porch? Is that really yours? I'm super jealous. And I'm also jealous about Disney but whatev. I'll get over it. Eventually.

Just Jennifer said...

Disney countdown calendar- I have an idea! This is what we did before we did our land/sea trip a few years ago (AHMAZING by the way)... At Home Depot and probably Lowe's too they have paint swatches that are Disney themed. They come shaped like Mickey's head. I took a few, peeled the head part off of the paper, and traced it onto cardstock. Then I took a regular posterboard and drew a calendar on it. We had a Mickey on every day and each night we took it off. It was soooo awesome because the kids loved having something to "do" with the calendar. Good luck!


www.justjenniferhigy.blogspot.com