Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thanksgiving Break

Our Thanksgiving break was pretty low key. I relished every minute I got to spend with the girls over our 5 day break together. The girls enjoyed a sleepover with one of the grandma's one night, and another night their other grandma came and stayed at our house. They definitely got spoiled over those few days. I love that they have such great relationships with their grandparents, makes my momma heart happy since I was never lucky enough to have that!

This is our first major holiday without my sweet father in law. It was super hard on Gerrad, broke my heart to see him hurting. My fil's sweet smile and outgoing personality were definitely missed, it's just not the same without him.

Thanksgiving day we just lounged, cooked a bit, painted nails, browsed the Black Friday ads, and enjoyed being together as a family. With Gerrad traveling so much for work lately it seems like we've been non-stop all the time. This momma needed a little break!

Snuggles and nail painting were the highlight of this girls Thanksgiving, oh and pumpkin pie with extra whipped cream!

I finally got Macie to put down the 'ol ipod and take a pic with me. Love my sassy girl! 

Saturday evening was our annual Christmas parade downtown, with a 5k beforehand that benefits our Rescue Mission. My gf Ashley and I decided we wanted to run it, and support a great cause, and my brother in law Dion decided he wanted to join also! It was my worst 5k out of the 3 I've done in the past 2 months, but at least we finished. Running in cold weather is not something I think I'll grow to enjoy. Coughing up a lung afterwards and my ribs hurting the next day was no bueno. Our 33 minute time wasn't the greatest either, whoops! (Dion ran it in 28-29)


Ashley and I had some sweet, tacky turtlenecks- penguins with scarves and snowflakes. YIKES! 


Hope you all had a low-key Holiday spent with family and/or friends. I'm looking forward to the next holiday event we're having: our annual tacky sweater party. Look for the hideous photos to come next week!! 

3 comments:

Emily said...

That sounds like a wonderful holiday. I would have loved to have a low-key stay at home kind of day.

Have fun at your tacky sweater party, I want to see pictures!

Elle Noel said...

I'm already looking forward to the next long break. le sigh. To few and far between! 33 is agood time lady! Happy Thursday!

Caroline said...

Can't wait to see the pics from the Tacky Sweater party!