Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The One Where I Complain

So how many of you faithful and secretive blog readers have had an experience lately when you were out in public and could seriously have wrung the neck pat the back of a small child that didn't belong to you? I'll go first.... I HAVE!

Last night Gerrad and I decided after dinner that we wanted to take the girls to a park to play. It was a B.E.A-utiful evening and we didn't want to waste it sitting inside watching TV or doing any other chore inside. We went to a nearby Lake and played on the playground for just a little bit, why just a little bit you ask? Because we were surrounded by foul mouth little kids that had NO business speaking the way they were and I did NOT want my children around them. At one point I recall uttering to myself loud enough for them to hear, how rude and disrespectful that it was at how they were speaking to each other or at all for that matter. There was one little girl probably around 10 or 11 talking about kissing her boyfriend, EXCUSE ME WHAT? Lord please help me to raise 2 daughters in this new, filthy, perverted day and age. There was another little girl around Macie's age (7-ish) saying every cuss word in the book, CLASSY right?! NOT! There was a little boy calling his little brother every name under the sun, it was literally making me sick to my stomach to hear these potty mouth little children talk to each other so I quickly snatched Addaline off the swings and stormed out of there. I was wondering to myself the whole way home how a mother and father would allow their children to talk like that and do nothing about it? There were quite a few mother's sitting at a picnic table at the park talking just like that themselves so I'm assuming (it's a long shot, NOT!) those children belonged to these women. I was really pretty ticked off that I had to cut MY children's play time short because of such ignorance...

I am very strict with my children, my 6 yr old is not allowed to say many words such as hate, stupid, shut up, etc... let alone cuss words. What is wrong with parents today where they think it's alright for their children to talk like that? How do you explain rationally to a 6 yr old that we had to leave the park because mommy didn't want her to learn all those bad words those naughty kids were saying? It was rough! I am no angel and I will be the first to admit it, I swear sometimes, I try really hard not to and I NEVER do it in front of my children.

How strict are you with your children? Would you speak up and say something if you were in a public situation where profanity was being used in front of your child? I just wanted to complain...

Blog Signature

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

OMG! I so would have said something! Plus, you and Gerrad better stock up on ammo or sticks because you have two beautiful girls and the boys will try to knock down your door! LOL!

Sunnymama said...

Can I say HOMESCHOOL is speaking loudly to me right now! I am totally with you. There are two boys in the neighborhood that speak filth and are bullies. The other parents in the neighborhood allow their children to play with them. So when Conlan runs off with his friends and they want to go to the those boy's house, I have to explain to him why. He probably tells them that he can't play with them. Their mother probably is not fond of me. I just tell him that we follow Jesus and that Jesus would not speak like that. I tell him to always be friendly to them but that you just can't play right now.

Caroline said...

Yikes! I wish I would have the guts to say something to the moms, but I am a chicken, plus they would probably cuss me out.
I am strict with my kids, but I am not to that point where they say much like that. Taylynn was saying stupid bc she got it from a boy, but now she is done and hasn't said it. I think she just forgot about it.
I wish you luck, this world today is so different and scary.