Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful- Tuesday

So for the rest of the week, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm going to blog about things I'm thankful for. I've moved on from my 'Debbie Downer' post yesterday and feel much better!

Today I am thankful for many things but I'll just focus on one for now, tomorrow and the rest of the week will be different things as well. Today I am thankful for my sweet 7 year old.


I'm thankful that this 7 year old girl changed my life at the age of 19. I know God gave her to me for a reason, and I'm thankful for that each and every day. Sometimes I feel like we try so hard to raise her right, teach her to have the best manners and treat people with respect and she feels like we're being hard on her. Hopefully she thanks us for it when she is older! We are always complimented how she is so well behaved, how she always says please and thank you, etc... That makes me feel wonderful knowing she is practicing what we preach ;)

Macie is so fun loving and care free. That girl can make up a song at the drop of a hat, and its always a funny song which cracks us all up. The other day we went to Walmart for groceries and she was playing with Addaline in the cart, moving her arms up and down talking about 'baby exercises'. Then Macie just busts out into song about baby exercises and moving your arms, etc... I was laughing so hard, I couldn't stop! When I'm sad or feeling down, Macie always knows and immediately comes to my side to make me feel better. She has such a giving heart and feels so deep for everyone whether she knows you or not.

I'm thankful that this toothless grin pictured above is mine. That I am lucky enough to call her my daughter. God definitely blessed my broken road with her! Thank You Macie for being who you are each and every day. For being such a wonderful big sister to Addaline, a wonderful daughter to me and your dad and an even better granddaughter to the grandparents who think you can do no wrong! We all love you!


No comments: